Friday 14 October 2011

Week Update- Dark World Structure Deck, Light Pulsar Dragon

So small update today, cause I have been out of the YGO loop for the past week or so, as I was unable to attend my locals on Monday (Thanksgiving out of town - at least the food was good.), but I will however be going this Monday, which is the Last one I'll be able to attend for 2 weeks, as I leave for Florida in 7 Days from now.

Any-who, the spoiler list for the Dark World structure deck was revealed this past week, and I gotta say, WOW. I did not expect them to keep Trag in there. I'm happy they did however, as it gives our team access to a wide variety to options on decks to run, considering we have 1(ONE) Tragodia on the team. And we only got that recently. My locals is full of scrubs, and only 4 other people there are deep in the competitive scene. Making certain cards hard as shit to get - unless we pack them ourselves.

Also related to the DW structure deck - what was Konami thinking? I thought the Problem-Solving-Word-Text was supposed to solve problems? I ACTUALLY needed to re-read most of the Dark World cards to fully understand them. Seems like it causes more problems then anything, if a well-rounded player such as myself has trouble understanding. I feel bad for the rich-scrubs-who-don't-actually-know-how-to-play-but-think-that-they-do. I understand them now myself, however, NO card should take that much effort to fully understand.

ALSO(!1!111!!), Latinum was revealed this week, and gotta say, hes bad. Which is good.
Well, hes not terribad, but he isnt great. Lvl 6 with a Goldd/Silvva SS ability. Could be useful in Fabled Variants that run Fabled Raven.

The last thing the TCG needs is another broken ass Dark World.

And  despite what some people I have talked to, including my teammates, I refuse to change my mind about Dark Smog. It is a DW-Staple. It gives you a discard outlet when you dont have one, and keeps the flow of the deck running.


Also in this weeks news, Light Pulsar Dragon was announced as one of the Ultras in Dragonic Legion in the OCG. I wouldn't say that this card is EXTREMELY overpowered, but it gives Big Gay Dragons (Hopeless Dragon - locals insider.), a new toy to play with.


You can banish 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your hand. You can send 1 LIGHT and 1 DARK monster from your hand to your Graveyard; Special Summon this card from your Graveyard. If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Level 5 or higher DARK Dragon-Type monster from your Graveyard; Special Summon that target.


This card alone is really good. It can SS REDMD when it leaves the field (Can't miss timing either), which in turn, can SS this guy right back. Another loop I see with this guy is with LADD. Always have field presence because they can SS each other when they leave the field. Seems pretty busted, but definitely not as much so as Grapha. I would put this guy on par with Hyperion. Keep in mind, this guys IS NOT the cover card/boss monster for the deck.. so.. here's hoping for something on par with this.

EDIT:: POJO broke this thing. New OTK formula: Cannon Soldier, REDMD in grave, and this.

2 comments:

  1. You can't loop with LADD.

    LADD's text clearly states that it is treated only as Dark while face up on the field, and it cannot be special summoned.

    Otherwise, it's a pretty good card lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, should have read over LADD before I made this post - I was sure it was treated as light while on the field, not vice-versa. Ah well haha.

    ReplyDelete