Saturday 22 October 2011

Evols; Side Deck Options; Going Away.

So, after quite a few hours of studying whats been announced, as well as the OCG's version of Photon Shockwave, I have come to the conclusion that Evols are good. They remind me a little of Sabers/Samurais. They can toolbox quite nicely, and are pretty solid in every aspect. Plus I find that the have much easier access to Laggia/Dolkka then Rabbit.dek does. My only complaint thus far is lack of tuners. This deck is much more XYZ based anyways, so its not a huge complaint, but I feel they could have made one of the Evotiles into a tuner. I find it to be a decently competitive deck, however, I have yet to face DWs with it. The fact that the archetype has its own GK Spy, makes me scared of DW Lightning a little.

Either way, here is the decklist - Critique away.


Monsters:

3 Evolsaur Cerato
2 Evolsaur Diplodocus
3 Evolsaur Ulcanadon
2 Evoltile Odochelys
3 Evoltile Westlo
1 Gorz
1 Blackwing - Gale
1 Sangan
2 Thunder King Rai-oh
2 Tragodia
1 BLS
2 Effect Veiler

Spells:

2 Fossil Dig
3 Pot of Duality
2 Forbidden Lance
1 Monster Reborn
1 Dark Hole
1 Heavy Storm
1 MST

Traps:

1 Solemn Warning
1 Solemn Judgment
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Offering to the Snake Deity




Okay, So with Gates of the Underworld officially legal, I have been pondering on what to do with my side deck. The vast majority of my locals play all of the same deck on a weekly basis. Very little variety. And TBH, only a few of them are good. The other scrubs show up to essentially GIVE us a bigger prize pool.

5 Agents, 2 Big Gay Dragons, 1 Frognarch, 1 Tengu.dek. Thats usually the just of it. Now that DW are out, and only 2 people at my locals have access to Tour Guides, I expect only 1 or 2 COMPETITIVE DW decks.  So for my local scene, I need to side accordingly. I'm considering running 2 Gemini Imps, and a dark imprisoning mirror for DW hate, and the usual Leechings and Crows for Agents. I'm having trouble finding a common ground between the two. I don't want to devote my entire side deck to these decks, because like I said, the other players that are piloting dragons/frogs/tengu.dek, do it extremely well. I need to find something that I can use to combat all of these decks, OTHER then DD Crow ( I plan on siding 2, MAYBE 3 this format). I'm open to any suggestions anybody has. Keep in mind that I run Agents as well.







No comments:

Post a Comment