Tuesday 29 November 2011

Locals Report : 11/28/11

So I had decided that I wanted to play a different deck this week, as I have been playing agents since the structure deck was released. Unfortunately, due to me missing a few cards, I had to stick with agents again this week, however, I got everything ready to go for next week.



Also, GZ finally got their Turbo Packs in, so prize support went from AWESOME to sorta lame. Normally we do: 5$ per entry, which all goes back into prizes. Normally 1 entry = 1 of newest packs, top 2 get all the loot with random packs being given to anybody who didn't make top 4. I like this system, as it rewards the players who do well, and provides a means for new/inexperienced players to grow. Fortunately, My team is in the category of more experienced, and since there is 4 of us, our odds of getting goodies is better then anyone else.

HOWEVER - this week, we are forced by the store people to play for turbo packs. and they charged us 5$ per pack, so that means... exact same formula as before, except for lamer prizes, ZERO entry packs, and less chance of packing goodies. Scott (guy who runs our tourneys, best player at our locals) manages to convince them to let us play for half/half. So half turbo packs, half PHSW. So its not too bad, but I would have preferred the regular way of doing it. It's still better then most places, as ALL of the entry fees go back to the player base. I have heard of some places that take well over 40% of the fees.

Round 1 - Jonathan - Scrub Watts Stall? (I think. Not even sure what he was trying to accomplish.)

Game 1 - I lose the dice roll. He goes first, sets one monster, and activates Swords of Revealing Light.

 I summon Earth, get Venus, set 2 BR, end. He passes his next turn. I draw mst for his swords, venus into 2 shine balls make trish, go into hyperion, GG?

Game 2 - Summons some watt in attack, no back row. I get out a first turn Hyperion, run into it, he uses Honest, which I Herald for the lulz, giving me 2 bullets for next turn. He cant recover, and I wreck face next turn.

00

Round 2 -Marc (Scraps)

 Idk why he even showed up. He's actually a decent duelist but He has been absent from YGO since before GENF, and only came back for one night to hang out with his buddies. He did nothing but badmouth the game. Time to serve this ass.


Game 1 - I win the dice Roll. Maxx "C" gives me a bunch of plusses when he does a Summoner Monk play, going into beast, then SCD, then when I mirror force his SCD, I get another +1 cause of his eff. Woo. This allows me to easily Hyperion the rest of the game.

Game 2 - Almost the same thing happened, except I opened up with no offense. My opening hand was 2 crows, herald, shineball, Earth and Maxx C. He had a foolish and Chimera. I shut out all of his plays with my hand-traps. GG.

00

Round 3 - Travis ( Blackwings)

This matchup scares me, as Travis is really good.

Game 1 - I lose the dice Roll. I open up terribly and lose almost immediately. Bora says fuck off to setting shineballs for defence.

Game 2- I somehow pull a win out of my ass by lucksacking topdeck mind control, taking his Kycoo and attacking directly with my own Kycoo. Overlay for Utopia. Next turn he draws Blizzard. No BWS in grave cause of Kycoo. Lol.

Game 3 - Drew terribly and tried to stall a bit till I drew a Hyperion, but I lost out too early. DAD is too good. Next draw after I conceded : Hyperion. Go figure.

X0X

Game 4 - Alex ( Agents, My teammate, and we both only had losses to Travis, so winner of this makes top 4. No complaints really. )



Game 1 -  I lose the dice roll. I Honest his Kristya which he got out with Valhalla with my Earth, He Heralds my Honest, I Herald his Herald, Lulz ensue.Set bottomless, He msts. Valhalla brings Kristya back out, and I cant recover.

Game 2 - I try to make a Decisive Armor play, but he shuts down my Venus with Herald. He topdecks Hyperion, and he MSTs my only out to it (D Pris)

XX

So I go 2-2 which is pretty lackluster for me.Oh well, next week, I have my surprise deck ready to woop shit, take names, etc.  for next week.

Oh, and Alex beat Scott in the top 2 by topdecking Hyperion, so we got 7 PHSW, and 5 Turbo Pack 6s. We pack... garbage. Honestly, the best thing packed was a rare Stardust, and it wasnt even by Alex.

We got a Wind-up Kitty, which Phil wants for his Wind-ups, but other then that, garbage.

I didn't expect much anyways. I never do in YGO.

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean in the ending by "I never do in YGO."

    Do you mean I don't do well? Also, that sucks that the prize support system you liked was changed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That comment was regarding what gets pulled out of the loot packs. Our team wins often, but pull jank when we do. When we don't win, good stuff is pulled.

    ReplyDelete